Press Brake Operator
||FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
|Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Performs a variety of duties to set-up and adjust specialized tooling and equipment on Press Brake machines to ready machines and processes for production or assembly. Product parts from company production plans and job travelers. May act as Lead in absence Team Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Set Up duties to ready Brake machines and processes for production or assembly.
- Installs, adjust, change and align tooling and equipment to ready operations for production.
- Works from schedules and instructions to analyze machine and or process problems and determine solutions.
- Uses precision measuring tools on a continuous basis to verify accuracy of formed products based on designated frequency…
- Executes the proper inspection methods to receive approval to start a job and make periodic quality checks of product to ensure quality standards are met.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment and keep work areas clean and orderly.
- Instructs and assists operators or other workers in machine and or process setup and operation, quality standards, and process documentation.
- Assists operators with measuring, print reading and minor adjustments.
- Report and prevent equipment and process malfunctions, material discrepancies, documentation errors, and facilitate corrective/preventive actions whenever and wherever necessary.
- Work within their area to assure production flows in an efficient manner to include planning ahead to assure smooth transition to the next scheduled job for their area.
- Assures all paperwork and documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Trains new or less experienced Brake Set Up employees, provides work instruction and/or answers questions in absence of Lead or Supervisor.
Safety is a deeply rooted cultural value and it must be promoted and enforced at all times. Promote and actively embrace the concept of professionalism, with an emphasis on quality, commitment, integrity, ingenuity, teamwork, co-workers, and the environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to two years’ prior assembly or machine operator experience is desired.
- Basic knowledge of Sheet metal fabricating equipment including lasers, turret punch presses, and hydraulic and electric press brakes
- Must be experienced with reading and interpreting drawings/blueprints, including geometric and close tolerances
- Ability use precision measuring tools as required
- Ability to learn and apply basic bending principles such as bend radius and tonnage calculations and tooling selection
- Produce a high quality product according to required specifications on a consistent basis.
- Produce the required quantity of product according to required output specifications.
- Use computers as required.
- Work as a productive team member who contributes to the organizations’ success.
- Handles fast-paced work.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative to see tasks that are needed and complete them without being instructed to do so by supervisors or lead personnel.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of the conditions that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific visual acuity required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and material handling equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Richards Sheet Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Ready to Apply?
Richards Sheet Metal is looking for skilled workers.
Mail: Richards Sheet Metal
Attn: Human Resources
2680 Industrial Drive
Ogden, UT 84401
Please reference Job Title
and Job Listings