Tube Laser Operator – Second Shift
||FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
|Reports To: Shared Resources Team Leader
Operates computer controlled tube laser to cut patterns and/or parts from tube and structural shape producing customer parts from raw material in accordance with job specific work orders and internal and external specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all company rules, quality standards (ISO) and safety policies (OSHA).
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities while maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Ensure production schedule completion and facilitate quality paperwork in accordance with company and customer standards.
- Operate CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process.
- Stage material, load and unload machines. Assist team members as required.
- Select and set up lenses based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Perform daily machine startup and shutdown procedures.
- Monitor assist and resonator gas levels and change gas bottles as required.
- Perform minor maintenance, cleaning of cutting equipment and daily dust collector service in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
- Use computers as required.
- Use precision measuring tools as required.
- Make adjustments and clear alarms.
- Read and understand Blueprints.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and timely.
Safety is a deeply rooted cultural value and it must be promoted and enforced at all times. Promote and actively embrace the concept of professionalism, with an emphasis on quality, commitment, integrity, ingenuity, teamwork, co-workers, and the environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to three years’ experience in a similar industry, trade, or profession preferred. Must demonstrate proven ability to:
- Ability to read work orders and communicate verbally with others
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to learn quickly
- Some experience operating machinery or working with metal is preferred
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of the conditions that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, eye protection, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and material handling equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Richards Sheet Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Ready to Apply?
Richards Sheet Metal is looking for skilled workers.
Mail: Richards Sheet Metal
Attn: Human Resources
2680 Industrial Drive
Ogden, UT 84401
Please reference Job Title
and Job Listings